> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@>
> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <shempmcgurk@>

> > <fairfieldlife@>

> > belongs to
> > their own

> > like "Shemp

> > acronym for
> > like "spairaig",
> > > >

> > > Sparaig is Celtic for sparrowhawk....
> >
> > According to this, sparrowhawk is "speireag":
> >
> > http://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/gaelic/grd/liostaichean/eoin/eoin_s.htm
>
> And Sparaig is robin.

Huh. Can't find sparaig as sparrowhawk online anywhere. Found this though:

http://gofree.indigo.ie/~cocaomh/Irish-English%20Dictionary.htm

Spearóg, Spéaróg
Sparrowhawk3,5 [var. Speireog]

Spéir-chearc
Sparrowhawk5 [Sky- or Sparrow-Hen]

Speireog
Sparrowhawk3 [Ger. Sperve Sparrow5]

Spéireog
Sparrowhawk5 (Ant.) [var. Speireog]

Spéir(ge)
Sparrowhawk5 [var. Speireog]

Speirsheabhac, Spéirsheabhac
Sparrowhawk235,5 [Speir ? Spur of rock3 or Ger. Sperve Sparrow5, Seabhac Hawk]

* Spideog
Robin123456 [Tiny Child/Frail Creature, Spid ? Energy/Activity or imit. ?]; S. Bhroinndearg
Robin34 [R. Redbreast]; S. Mhuire Robin5 [(Virgin) Mary's R.]

Spídeog
Robin6 (Ul.) [var. Spideog]

Spide Traghain
Corncrake5 (Mea.) [see Traonach]

Spincín
Chaffinch3 [dim. Speanc Cliff,Crag3]

Spiorsóg, Spirseog
Sparrowhawk5 [var.s Spioróg]

Spirsheabhac
Sparrowhawk5 [var. Speirsheabhac]

Spioróg
Sparrowhawk1234 [Spiora ? Spur, Sharp Projection, Sharp Stump3]; S. Mhór Goshawk14
[Great S.]