--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > Does anyone know a translation of the Rig Ved that is still
available
> > that Maharishi has recommended in the past?
>
> H.H. Wilson's translation.
>
>  Or does anyone recommend
> > one that is close to the way he teaches the meaning. I was
thinking of
> > the 'Richo Akshare' (which I used to think of as the 'Rick
Archer'
> > verse:-) verse for example: "The impulses of creative
intelligence
> > expressed in the Verses of the Ved (all knowledge) exist in the
> > collapse of fullness in the transcendental field. In which reside
all
> > the impulses of creative intelligence, the laws of nature,
responsible
> > for the whole manifest universe"

That's only the first hemistich, whereas below (Wilson) is the whole
verse, or stuff:
(1)Rco akSare parame vyoman
yasmin devaa adhi vishve niSeduH
(2)yas tan na veda kim Rcaa kariSyati
ya it tad vidus ta ime samaasate

[pada-paaTha = same without sandhi:
RcaH; akSare; parame; vyoman;
yasmin; devaaH; adhi; vishve; niSeduH;
yaH; tat; na; veda; kim; Rcaa; kariSyati;
ye; it; tat; viduH; te; ime; samaasate]

I might "translate" the first hemi e.g. like this:

Richas (the verses of Veda, or whatever) [exist, or stuff;
there is actually no predicate verb in the first phrase]
in the indestructible (akSare; akSara also means a Sanskrit
syllable) in the highest, or stuff (parame) "heaven" (vyoman;
it's strange that's an irregular[?] locative form, because
with a regular form, vyomani, there would be 11 syllables
on this line, which is the normal count of a triSTup verse...),
where (yasmin) all (vishve) devas (devaaH) reside (adhi...niSeduH).