> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <sparaig@> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > And if any of the viewers do.
> > >
> > > It's a trippy series, yes? They've discovered the secret
> > > of how to deal with the non-mainstream on television.
> > > Don't ever explain the Mystery, just deepen it.
> >
> > True. Unfortunately that strategy doesn't always work.
> > Another series, not in the same class as lost, but still
> > fun, was just cancelled: Surface.
>
> Don't know it. Do say more. I could probably
> find episodes on Limewire.

Starts out with a submarine encountering something nasty in the deeps --all hands are
lost.

At the same time, a kid skiing late at night goes into a panic because there's "something
out there" with him. He and his friend return later and find a floating mass  of rather large
eggs. He takes one home and leaves it in his yuppie parent's living  room fishtank where
*something* hatches and eats all the fish and then escapes. He catches it and calls it
"Nimrod."  It looks like an aquatic iquana, with more hand-like front paws.

Meanwhile, a bunch of red neck fishermen boat out to an oil platform and dive in. A large
(very large) critter swims by and one of the fishermen accidentally spears it and gets
dragged down. His older brother starts obsessing about the gigantic shape that killed his
brother.

An oceanographer is traveling alone in the deep when *something* brushes past her sub,
causing all sorts of problems. The Navy confiscates her data and makes sure she loses her
job.

Their lives start converging after that while numerous sightings of some kind of whale or
something start making the news and more people start losing their lives in encounters
with strange fish things while the US government denies that anything is going on...

And, is it a government coverup, or is someone powerful enough to manipulate the
government behind-the-scenes and make it LOOK like a government coverup?