--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> holding any belief as valid or true would be a
> filter or impostion on what is. Any belief we could hold would then
> keep us from real integrity. And the riches that can flow freely are
> not just in monetary form. Integrity is to be totally integral with
> all that happens. Can't happen if we are holding some idea or belief
> about how things have to be,look or appear. Tom T

Perhaps is just a semantic issue, but  "holding belief[s] as valid or
true" is quite different, IMO, from, "holding some idea or belief
about how things have to be, look or appear."

To function in the world, we have models in our heads of how the world
works. These are "beliefs" -- I tend to think of them as working
hypothesis. Such as, "I believe that if I stick my hand in the socket,
it will hurt." I really don't need to re-explore that assumption too
often. Been there, done that at age 5. But its not an addictive belief
-- IMO -- since I am willing to quickly change my belief if new
evidence to the contrary arises.

But such practical non-adictive beliefs or working hypotheses (I could
name many), have nothing to do with "holding some idea or belief
about how things have to be, look or appear." Indeed the wall socket
belief is a clear example of "what is". Your post appears at face
value to be calling to throw the baby out with the bathwater --
practical beliefs about how the world works along with "desires" of
how things should be or look. I assume you don't really mean to
discard both.

Even 'desires of how things should be or look' in themselves don't
appear to be totally toxic -- to be disgarded with a hazmat suit. I
don't see what is wrong  with personal preferences. You like cashew
butter don't you Tom? What is limiting about that? What would be
limiting if you believe you must have cashew butter everyday and have
a fit if you don't. But who have tastes and desires that severe?