In a message dated 5/26/06 11:17:24 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Ooooooooh, do I detect regional bigotry  here?

Not at all. I have noted with pleasure and anticipation of your
comments how wonderful Texas is, particularly Austin. I have only been
to Texas 3-4 times on short business trips. People seemed nice.
weather sucked some.  But based on your comments, I have put Austin on
my list of possible cities to visit or even live (for a while.)

Thus I was surprised and saddened to hear of its problems -- problems
I don't generally find in places I have lived.

And, in fun, I was pulling your chain a bit to see if you would react.
Mission accomplished. haha. :)

Sorry, I don't live in Austin and I don't recall ever posting anything about how "wonderful" Texas is although I wouldn't want to live any other place. As far as changes in American culture in the latter half of the twentieth century I would say it is a pretty common experience to some degree or another  most everywhere in the country but more so in larger population areas.