I spent a month with him in 1979 and remember David as uniquely humble
and personable for one of the higher ups.  He had that Reagan skill of
the "awe shucks" likability.  He is also smart as a whip which leads
me to my next point.

I don't buy the "I tried other techniques" line.  It was a credibility
builder line for a scientist turned advocate.

My question for David would be about his promoting research on TM that
I believe he knows with his scientific training is not proving what is
claimed.

David was in a position to know if he was promoting bogus research.
Teachers looked to him as a solid source of scientific perspective.
If he compromised that standard for his advocacy position of TM, that
is a much more serious beach of ethics than getting a boner in the
food line.

Did he decide that the ends justified the means?

Now if the TM research is all beyond reproach...then David was just
promoting something he sincerely believed in.

Only he will ever know.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate