--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > I like Clinton alot too.
> > I like him because he presided over the most conservative agenda
of
> > any president in the 20th century, including Ronald Reagan.
>

> So you should love his intellectual and policy legacy, Mr Al
Gore!!!

> And Nixon was a great liberal, a radical liberal in some regards:

Exactly!

It was Nixon who said (paraphrased): When you run for the GOP
nomination for President, you campaign from the far right; when you
run as the GOP candidate for president, you campaign from slightly
right of center; when you're president, you govern from the center.

And I would add to your list below: Affirmative Action, which was
established under Nixon!

> Price controls to control inflation (so radically far left, no one
on
> the left even dares suggest it today.)
>
> Abolished the gold standard (the core of conservative economics for
> two  + centures)
>
> Establishing the Environmental Protection Agancy
>
> Created the Consumer Product Safety Commission
>
> Ending American fighting in Viet Nam
>
> Established and extended revenue sharing to the states
>
> Ended the draft
>
> Opened up China
>
> Treaty to limit strategic nuclear weapons
>
> Created Detente with USSR
>
> Negotiated disengagement agreements between Israel and its
opponents,
> Egypt and Syria
>
> Almost endorsed full national decriminalization of marijuana
> (watergate got in the way).
>

> I don't think any domcratic president has come close to
accomplishing