--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > FWIW, this was originally one of the jokes told by
> > the medieval Muslim sage Nasrudin, in which he
> > frequently featured himself as something of a nitwit.
> > They're actually koan-like teaching stories with several
> > layers of meaning.
>
> Wow!  I did not know that. Thank you for pointing him to me.

Mulla Nasrudin by Idries Shah

COW WITH CALF

The Mulla went to market to sell his cow, but nobody wanted to buy.

A neighbour came along and said:

'Let me try, you're doing it all wrong.'

'I must learn this art,' thought the Mulla.

'First-class cow, in calf for five months!' yelled the neighbour. In
next to no time the animal was sold.

When he arrived home, Nasrudin found that a young man had called to
inquire about marrying his daughter.

All the Mulla did was to try out his newly acquired skill. He was
amazed by the speed at which the suitor rushed from the house.

haha