"shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"surya" <dattapr2000@>  wrote:
> > Yoga is the most prestigious field of spiritualism. People think
> > about 6 wheels (Chakras) or lotus flowers present in the spinal
> > card, which are not seen by the eyes. They are imaginary

> Imaginary?
> All I can say is about 30 years ago (during a period of both long
> rounding and celibacy) I had the experience of a flower opening
up, petal by petal (in an astonishing "mechanical" way), in my
spinal  area about the height of where the sternum is.

If you operate the spine you do not find a single Chakra even after
observing through the most powerful microscope.  These Chakras are
symbolic representations of various whirlpools that come across
while you are swimming this ocean of creation.  These wheels are the
illusory bonds with body, family, relatives, caste, religion and
nation.  You have to cross all these attractions to attain your self
(Atman).  Then you become eligible to attain Satguru.  Attainment is
not physical association, but it is the firm faith after correct
identification.

There are three types of people. The first type of people are
ordinary human beings who do not start the spiritual journey. They
are strongly attracted by this world and these attractions are the
qualities accumulated from millions of births in the soul. Such
people are called as Ayukta (Ayuktah Kamakarena Phalesaktah—Gita).
The second type of people are called as yogis who practice Yoga and
who have not yet completed the training in Yoga. They cannot
sacrifice their fruit of the work to the Lord. They can sacrifice
the work, devotion by mind, discussions with intelligence and any
work with senses of their body like singing songs etc (Kayena Manasa
Buddhya—Gita). The third type of people are called as Yuktas, which
means the people who have finished the training in Yoga. Such people
sacrifice the fruit of work also along with the above (Yuktah
Karmaphalam—Gita). The aspects to be achieved by Yoga are the equal
reaction to all types of incidents and the reaction must be only
peaceful undisturbed balance of mind (Sarvatra Samadarsanah,
Prasanta Manasam—Gita). Another aspect is not to think of any
worldly matter in leisure time. Such thinking will lead to loss of
energy (Nakinchidapi Chintayet—Gita). Another aspect is to realise
the achievement of grace of God as the highest profit in the life
(Yamlabdhva Naparam—Gita). Another aspect of Yoga is to maintain
constant mind even if a mountain of misery falls on you (Na Duhkhe
na Gurunapi—Gita). Another aspect of Yoga is not to have even a
single worldly desire in mind (Nisspruhah Sarvaakamebhyah—Gita).
Another aspect of Yoga is to control the worldly activities to the
possible minimum level because if God's grace is there, any worldly
affair will succeed even with minimum effort (Yuktacheshtasya—Gita).

To please the Lord you have to surrender your words by singing about
Him, the mind in His devotion and the intelligence in His
discussions. However these three constitute only 1% of the total
sacrifice and this is called as theoretical sacrifice. The sacrifice
of your work and fruit of work constitutes 99% of sacrifice, which
is called as practical sacrifice. The practical sacrifice should be
done to the most deserving Lord in human form if recognised
properly. The reason is that all this wealth belongs to the Lord
only since He is the creator of the entire universe. All this wealth
is His immovable property and all the living beings are His movable
property. You are a part and parcel of His movable property. You are
supposed to take any amount from His infinite wealth for your basic
needs, the boundary of which cannot be infinite. The rich man who
has no boundaries in his ambition to take the wealth of the Lord in
unlimited quantities must realise that his effort is useless and
waste. The reason is that one has to leave all the excess of wealth
here only and his family members will not share his sin. They never
provoked him to earn infinitely for their sake. Therefore he is the
only responsible person for all the sins. He should retain the
required wealth for all the needs only (Yavanartha Udapane—Gita). If
he analyses the family bonds, they are proved as unreal dramatic
bonds. Therefore a rich man should donate the excess of wealth to
the Lord in human form for His mission. If the human incarnation is
not recognised, the second address of Lord is a real devotee. The
Lord dwells in the hearts of a real devotee. But people are donating
to temples seeing the statues without analysing the background
management. If the manager is neither the human incarnation nor a
real devotee, the sacrifice of your money is a waste.

  posted by: His servant
  at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
  www.universal-spirituality.org