> on 6/1/06 10:27 AM, wayback71 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Rick, what I wrote below is not a criticism of what people did on
Purusha or
> > MD.  Those are
> > situations where asking for money is what you were told to do by
your Master -
> > the culture
> > expected it of you.  MOst Purusha MD felt uncomfortable, I
expect, with this.
> > I am talking
> > about people who feel no discomfort in the process, and therefore
no internal
> > motivation
> > to change.
>
> May be valid to criticize it. Maybe not. The householders support
> the recluses in most religious traditions. But in some, the monks
> run little businesses to support themselves. Purusha guys are
> discouraged from doing this, even though many are good businessmen,
> computer-saavy, etc. I can see why. You get tied up in a business
> and you can't drop everything to run off to the next urgent
> project, or you start cutting your program, thinking about business
> deals during meditation, etc.

At the TM facility in Asbury Park, which housed a bunch
of Purusha for a while, one afternoon we were all doing
program in the flying rooms when a thunderstorm came up.
We could hear this great commotion in the adjacent men's
flying room, the door opening and closing, feet pounding
down the hall.

Afterward I asked one of the men what that had been
about.  Apparently it was the Purusha guys running to
their rooms to unplug their laptops in case the
lightning caused a power surge.