> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
jivanmukta,

> > > Yep.
> >
> > I would then ask further, have you ever met a person
> > whom you consider to be a jivanmukta?
> >
> > If so, do you believe that this person or persons:
> >
> > 1. is omiscient?
> > 2. has not a bit of self interest in him?
> > 3. is absolutely free from worries, difficulties, troubles,
> >    tribulations, sorrows, and anxieties under all circumstances?
> > 4. is not a slave of his moods; is ever cheerful and peaceful?
> > 5. is absolutely free from egoism, doubt, fear, and grief?
> > 6. is able to clear any kind of doubt of aspirants?
> > 7. makes no distinction between a rogue and a saint, gold and
> >    stone, honour and dishonour?
> > 8. spontaneously does only what is good?
> > 9. is absolutely free from hatred, lust, cares, worries, and
> >    anxieties?

> jivanmukta?
> > >
> > > Nope.
> >
> > So all of the qualities of jivanmukta listed above are
> > accurate, and are found in all jivanmuktas?

> > > Nope.
> >
> > I'm interested to hear your answer to my questions
> > above, Jim.
> >
> > I've met and worked with a few people on this planet
> > whom I would suspect of being enlightened, jivanmuktis.
> > Not one of them had the characteristics I list above,
> > characteristics that are taken directly from Sivananda's
> > discourse. Therefore I cannot consider them definitive,
> > or even accurate, across-the-board descriptions.
> >
> > Do you consider Maharishi enlightened, a jivanmukti?
> > If so, do you feel he personifies all the characteristics
> > I've listed above.
> >
> > Not arguing, just curious...
>
> Hi, I am unsure why you are asking such, for the criterion
> for recognizing such a Jivanmukta is clearly spelled out by
> the saint dude:
> "Only a Jivammukta can know a Jivanmukta."

He should have stopped there IMO, or with the state-
ment about how defining the state was not possible.
He didn't.

The reason I asked is that in your reply above to
new_morning, you clearly stated that you agreed
with the characteristics he defined *when* he didn't.

> This is something I completely embrace as true, and have said as
> much on FFL recently. Beyond this are endless questions that imo
> are not useful to answer.
>
> What is your website url again please?

I don't have one. The website that put my book
up is not mine, and was started by some friends.
That one, if that's what you are referring to,
is at http://www.ramalila.net/RoadTripMind