TurquoiseB wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why did you post this?  It was a false alarm, construction noises
> > > were mistaken for gunfire.
> >
> > I've noticed the media is all over stories like this- Probably keeps
> > many people in a state of fear re: 'the war on terra'.
> >
> > Even after such ill-reported stories have been debunked as
> > inevitable false alarms I've seen the various networks continue
> > to use them as teasers for upcoming broadcasts. really pathetic.
>
>At the same time, I've just watched "V for Vendetta"
>again, and couldn't help but smile at the fake News
>broadcasts that the government used to control the
>people.

Must be a torrent. ;-)  Yup, I did a search and the torrents are there
already.  Is it a screener DVD (which they send to video stores)?   The
actual DVD is scheduled for August 1st and there is a two disk
collectors edition too.

I had a girlfriend who worked in local television back in the early 70's
and would frequently tell me "you won't believe what they had the dredge
up for news tonight!"

>On the whole, while admitting that some people seem
>to have a need to believe the worst about any News
>story, I think that in America at this time a
>tendency to *disbelieve* anything you hear on the
>Nightly News is considerably healthier than a
>tendency to believe it.

Indeed, this is why as wild as Alex Jones, David Icke, and even funky
Alan Watt may be I like to see what they're up to as sometimes they hit
the truth more than fiction (besides everyday "truth" is boring).  Now
what if someone you knew who was in a position to know say about what
really happened on 9-11 told you some things in strict confidence and
tells you if you dare tell anyone else he might be killed would you pass
on the info anyway?  We the "common folk" forget what people in the
upper circles know and what decisions can be made to spin the news as to
"not cause mass hysteria."

The truth indeed may be far stranger than fiction.