http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election
> >  > _stolen

> that
> > > now run
> > >  > big business and media will bury it.  Call all the talk
shows,
> the
> > > story.
> > >
> > > Yeah, Mr.  Grassy Knoll, I'm tripping over myself to make sure
> > > everyone is  aware of this.
> >
> > Best to read it before you pass judgment on  it.
> > This is not, repeat NOT, tinfoil-hattery (even
> > though it  *is* Bhairitu recommending it).
>

> Yesterday I did read about a  1/3 of it before giving up...despite
> all the impressive  footnotes.
>

> Well , all I can say is, if  Bush and the Republicans  have the
power to rig
> the elections, the Democrats are totally screwed. Forget  about
2006, much
> less 2008. Basically what this tells me is that really loyal
Democrats are
> thinking in the backs of their minds, "we need to think of a
better way to rig the
> elections in our favor!" If one party thinks they are  being
cheated and
> can't do anything about it, they most likely are going to look
for a better way
> to cheat the other without getting  caught.

Yeah, especially since they were really good at it back in the '60s
when old Joe Kennedy used to buy elections for his sons.

There's that famous quote by Joe Kennedy when in response to son
Jack's plea for his father to spend even more money to buy even more
influence, his father responded (paraphrased): "Does Jack think
money grows on tress? I'll buy Jack the election but I won't buy him
a landslide."