> shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> >Al Gore's father, Al Senior, was an old school racist who
supported
> >Jim Crow and segregation and, of course, voted against the 1964
Civil
> >Rights Act like most of his fellow Southern Democrats.  In his
private
> >life, Gore practised what he preached as well.
> >
> >So Senior used the fear-mongering inherent in his chosen
philosophy of
> >racism and segregation to keep African-Americans in their place.
> >
> >Junior uses the fear-mongering of the-sky-is-falling global
warming to
> >put fear in everyone.
> >
> >The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
> >

> And Al's film opens today in the SF Bay area.  I'm going to take
it in
> next week at the local Cinearts.
>
> I suppose Shemp would have to be up to his ears in pollution
before he'd
> admit to the effects of global warming and may not even then!
> :)

Absolutely.

There is more evidence that BURNING fossil fuels will prevent global
warming (a completely natural phenomenon) than stopping the burning
of fossil fuels.  Burning fossil fuels emits CO2 which creates a
sheen of protection in the atmosphere to ward off the rays of the
sun (the ultimate source of global warming).