Remember how all course fees had to be in the form of an international
money order?  Ever eaten in a cash-only Vietnamese restaurant?
I am going to guess that these funds were directed to whatever account
was specified by the movement.

Rule of thumb:  When a magician brings a his own box on stage, don't
too surprised when a beautiful woman jumps out.