--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 6/4/06 2:49 AM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> in case Fairfield ends up surrounded by 150,000 hogs, this
> > approach
> >> will hold down the odor:
> >>
> >> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/us/04biotown.html
> >>

> > I say everyone in Fairfield take up cigar-smoking.  On a good
day,
> > the fumes will go directly to the hog farm.
> >
> > This will drive the hogs crazy.
>
> They are already driven crazy by their confinement in cages so
small they
> can't turn around their entire lives. It's legalized torture.

I've seen the Alec Balwin-narrated video at the peta website on
chickens and beef-cattle (actually I got so sick I only could see
half of it).  I can only imagine how much worse it would be for
hogs...actually, all things being equal, pigs being pigs they
probably don't mind living in their own shit.