On Jun 5, 2006, at 1:15 AM, new_morning_blank_slate wrote:

> So what is yours (and Bhairitu's) take on MMY and other teachers
> reported sexual encounters, with regards to tantra? Do you feel there
> was some reasonable probability, or not, that there was some tantric
> practice type use of sexual energy involved?

In M's case there is no indication that there was any tantric
practice involved nor that M. even practices such methods. Indeed his
emphasis has always been on Veda rather than tantra. So I'd give it
zero probablility in this case.

Muktananda is something entirely different--he appears to have
mastered Vajroli or some similar technique. That's not to justify the
using of young women as unwitting participants in your sexual
practice as a good thing, but merely to point out what he was
probably involved in. He most likely needed these methods to be able
to continue iving shaktipat to groups of people (something rather
untraditional in and of itself).

Swami Rama, although a great adept in Inner Tantra, appears to not
have been using it for practice either, but for satisfaction, control
and release.

Kalu Rinpoche does appear to have actually chosen a "mudra", a sexual
consort, but the women he chose seems to have confused that with a
normal romantic relationship (it is not). It was to be the
culmination of his sadhana.