--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Richardson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Well Cat, we obviously do not have as much experience of this
plague over here as you do over there (maybe just a few young kids
at times) but sure, I have met a few even here - and hundreds on
email needless to say :- ))))

> But over the years I have met many fine people who devote their
whole life to getting people out of cults of all kinds, including
fundemtalists religions. Some of these people became great friends
and colleagues of mine. For them this is a lifetime mission - mine
is only an occasional passing bit of fun.  I aint here to save souls
mate :- ))  Anyway, there is nothing to save them from except
themselves and simple psychology could take care of that if it
bothered.

> My interest in them is solely political and sociological. I am not
having them gits dictating social policy and civil laws to me - you
know my big thing is politics well enough.

> But what I cannot understand really is why such a great country as
the USA, with all those fine people there, all those resources,
money, education, potentials, can turn out people like this by the
bloody millions. Ker-Riced I would love to be President of the USA
for twenty years.

> You listen to these buggers on short wave radio (all of it from
the USA) and one would think you had tuned into another planet mate -
 it is unbelievable, and sad. They have a lot of power Cat, and that
does not auger well.

> Merlin.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Spiritual-Experience] Re: Du Group

>   Richard,
>
>   Dearheart, you UNDERESTIMATE greatly..just what a huge deal it
is to get fundamentlist Christians to think about their tales,
myths, religion..in any other light than what they have been given
from birth.

>   Honest to goodness...even getting them to consider a different
spin on a myth..or accept an image of a 'Laughing Jesus' is
HUGE...earth-shatterinly huge.  You would fall off your chair if you
knew what a big deal it is...even just to get them to 'maybe
consider' something else.

>   The DU list is definitely NOT for you and neither is its
membership open to the type of stuff you write.

>   Why?  Too many choices too fast.  It's a bit like trying to
give  a toddler a teething cracker and then throwing a T-bone steak
at 'em.  Their system cannot handle it.  These are baby-steps..way
too slow and limited for you,.

>   You can take galaxies at a single bound [I KNOW..I've seen you
do it].  But these darlin's are just beginning to give themselves
permission to crawl under their own power.

>   Their moderator isn't trying to manipulate the group members.
The moderator is trying to 'limit the menu' for those who are just
cutting their teeth.

>   I know you feel insulted, and I am terribly sorry for that.
>
>   But there are different grades for different levels of
understanding.  Your post was the equivalent of a PHD presenting a
thesis to a group of pre-schoolers and then being offended because
the material wasn't suitable for them AT THIS PARTICULAR STAGE.

>   At your level, it's all ONE..and you can swallow that and keep
your sanity in tact..or even make peace with your insanity--
whatever.  But for those just beginning to wake up...you've got to
be gentle...and still let them have their 'loveys' and the things
that are familiar and comfortable to them.  You try to take away the
crutches before the legs are healed...and you have flapping wobblies
all over the sidewalk.

>   And Richard, these folks are broken...broken on a level you
cannot possibly believe it is possible to be THAT broken at and
still draw the breath of life.  But they are.  And there are
hundreds of thousands of them all over the world.

>   So check yourself, dearheart.  I KNOW your intentions are good.
But you're a tall strong drink...and infants need milk.

>   You can pour your 500 proof self in my glass any time.  I'll
fall off my stool and drool a puddle on the floor.

>   But the babies...the babies you simply cannot deal with...not
right now.

>   You don't know your own strength, if you did, what you tried to
do today would be a vile cruelty.  And cruelty is NOT part of my
fantasy about you.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM