> wrote:
> >
> > ...and where's the always-valuable "up thread" link button?
>
> Crap software, a real step backwards. They haven't even
> figured out how to turn on the feature that shows the
> links that have already been read in a different color.

Actually, as I already noted, if you click on a link
to a post in the message list, it does change color.
If you read the subsequent posts by clicking on Next,
however--without going back to the message list--the
links in the message list stay the same color.

One workaround is, when you've finished reading the
new posts via Next, go back to the message list and
click on the link to the most recent post.  Then at
least you'll have marked how far you read.  (This is
assuming you read posts in posting order rather than
by thread.)

> God, I hate it when a big company gives a project like
> this to some software newbie who doesn't know his ass
> from a user interface.

Google did the same thing a year or so ago.  Just
recently they added a new "improvement."  When you
click on a thread (on Google the posts are all ordered
by thread, but you read posts by pages rather than
individual posts), it used to take you to the most
recent one in the thread.  Now it takes you to the
*first* post in a thread, so if it's a long one,
you have to click on page after page to go through
the entire thread to get to the most recent posts.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM