--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I earlier read some the excerpts for which you provided links. I liked
> it. You seem to have well distilled some life experiences.
>
> Publishing question: Will you be making it available on Amazon? If so,
> how does that work? Do you supply them with x copies? Or do they get
> books from Lulu -- as orders come in? Or simply drop-ship from LuLu?

Lulu has three distribution plans:
1. the one I'm using now. Free. Anyone can order from Lulu. I can order books
at
production cost to distribute locally. I get paid royalties monthly by PayPal.
2. Basic Distribution: $35. You get an ISBN#, a listing in Books in Print, and
a listing on
Amazon Marketplace. Anyone can sell books on Marketplace. Orders are fulfilled
by Lulu
and Amazon takes a 25% cut. This takes away most of the my profit. Not an
attractive
option.
3. Global distribution. $130. Listing in Ingram (largest book distributer) and
Amazon. I
believe orders are fulfilled though Ingram.

You can upgrade to wider distribution plans as your circumstances warrant. For
now I am
sticking with the free plan. I will put some book in 21st century book store
and maybe
Revelations. This plan gives me the highest profit for my promotion work. If it
were to
start selling well I would upgrade to #3 probably.

Michael

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM