--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> IMO, hyperactivity is a bit more complicated that avoiding sugar and eating a
> better diet.
> The brain and nutrition and genetic predisposition are probabloy all involved
> in ADHD.
> However, much like autism, there is lots of research going on, but no real
> answers...yet.
If
> it was so easy to fix ADHD, I am sure that all the many wonderful and
> concerned parents
> would have gotten successful outcomes without resorting to ritalin or other
> similar
drugs.
> Seriously ADHD children (as opposed to the more mild cases where medication
> is
probably
> a mistake) are not pleasant to be around - for family, friends or teachers.
> They disrupt
> family life terribly, end up with few if any friends, get bad grades, often
> "give up" by
early
> adolescence in school.  They lose everything, don't turn in the homework that
> they do
> manage to complete, can be rude and unkind (not intentionally) and have a bad
> time of
it,
> make learning by classmates almost impossible.  These kids need help and
> relief, and if
> after trying all the natural stuff in the world they are left on the fringes,
> unable to learn
or
> have relationships, a bit of ritalin everyday seems like a good thing to me.
> while I do not have children with ADHD, I know several people who do and have
> watched
> things unravel over the years.  In adulthood, this can be much worse than a
> learning
> disabiity in reall life of working and earning money and having a basic life.

I resemble this remark. One reason why I'm still doing TM is because the
contrast between
TM and not-TM, between doing it every day and forgetting to do it, is so
dramatic. First
thing my mother would ask me over a 30 year period when I got out of control
was: "did
you meditate today?"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM