<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> > Come to think of it, have there been studies on
> > Feng Shui?  You said in another post the Hong
> > Kong housing market is heavily influenced by
> > Feng Shui.  Is that just because it's a cultural
> > tradition, or is there some evidence that it
> > works?
>
> I have never heard of any, but I seriously doubt it.  It is based
> on a whole system of graft with the Feng Shui masters.  They run on
> a "better pay the Feng Shui master or he will say your building is
> cursed" blackmail system from what I have read.

Shhhh!  Don't give the TMO any ideas!

Jeez, a Feng Shui Mafia.  That's depressing.

  No one is seriously
> interested in Western science's opinion.  The tradition goes back
so
> far.  But it is interesting that it has perpetuated itself till
> today.
>
>  Oh, I dunno, if it were possible to do convincing
> > scientific studies you might get some in the general
> > public to give yagyas a shot.
>
> I don't know how successful the 1% research was for the public.

Well, I said *convincing* scientific studies.  I
honestly don't think it's possible, either for the
Maharishi Effect or Vastu and so on.

> I suspect the yagya research would be similar.  You would have to
> believe in the general principle I think, even to be interested
> enough to get into the research.  Even diet research seems to have
> trouble convincing the public of anything, and that is so much more
> concrete.

Damn stuff *changes* every other day, it seems.  People
get confused and give up.

> I wondered how far scientific language marketing approach went, if
> the new stuff was being marketed the same way.  I don't suspect
> that the science angle on this new stuff is important for most
> sidhas. It wasn't ultimately very important for my practice after
> the first few years.  It had a big influence on me starting though.

Me too.  I wouldn't have come near TM if it hadn't
been for the scientific research.  But beyond TM
and the TM-Sidhis, I'm really not tempted by yagyas
and stuff.  Had my Jyotish chart done once, but it
didn't tell me anything useful.  If I had money
to burn, it might be fun to experiment, though.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM