I'm finding all *kinds* of neat stuff on YouTube.
I had thought it was mostly teenagers' home videos
of Stupid Human Tricks and MTV-type music videos,
but after I stumbled across an old Dave Brubeck
video on somebody's blog, and Curtis sent me to a
terrific Sonny Williamson II video, I started
poking around to see what else might be there.

It's addictive.  I can hardly tear myself away.
Here's a few of my finds:

A real treasure--M.S. Subbulakshmi singing
"Maitreem Bhajata":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbBBNRT4VKg

And a very different treasure, Bessie Smith
singing "St. Louis Blues":
http://tinyurl.com/jf8z2

Physicist Richard Feynman in a charming,
informal short talk analogizing scientific
exploration to figuring out the rules of
chess by observing a game, with a neat twist
at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub042xIT7a0

Enrico Caruso singing "Vesti la giubba" from
"I Pagliacci."  After this, they should have
retired the number; nobody ever needed to sing
it again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hX-8KSVOo

Something for everybody.  What an amazing site.
The best way to explore it, I've found, is via
playlist categories, not the general categories.
Every video on a playlist has a "Related playlists"
link.  If you find a playlist with a number of
videos you like, chances are the related playlists
will also have neat stuff in that category, but
they may also branch out and include surprises
from entirely different categories.  I found the
Subbulakshmi and Feynman videos via playlists
related to a playlist in the Classical Music
category.

There's a bunch of other good Carnatic music
videos, BTW.  If anyone's interested, I'll post
links to some of those as well.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM