> on 6/9/06 9:42 AM, Vaj at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd wager that the residents won't lower themselves
> > > to interacting with the locals; it would weaken their
> > > woowoo...
> >
> > I'd wager as soon as they figure out there is a competing
> > creationist set-up in town (with better diagrams, videos
> > and their own scientists)--with no Jesus in it--sparks
> > will fly. Sounds like that may be happening already...
>
> It¹s worth mentioning that after all the decades of coexistence
> here in FF, there¹s a pretty healthy overlap between the
> meditating and non-meditating communities, not only in
> companies but in social settings. Even some marriages. There
> are extremists at either end of the spectrum who won¹t
> mingle, but perhaps a majority in the middle who will. Many
> of the mediating minglers are TMers who have become open-minded
> and eclectic in their approach to spirituality and life in general.

I don't doubt this about Fairfield. But my "wager" was
based more on a feeling for what this Kansas place is
likely to be like. Fairfield is a dynamic college town,
with necessary interaction between Ru's and townies.
But doncha get the feeling that anything built in this
new Kansas place is basically going to be a retreat house,
where the inhabitants basically hole up and butt-bounce
for peace?

Or am I off in this assumption? Has there been talk
of actually creating something less like a rounding
course facility and more like a real-world ocmmunity?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM