--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > --- In  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com) ,  MDixon6569@,  MDix
[...]
> > > Well, you know the TMO people that move in there will also  have
> to get
> > > involved in the local politics as they did in Fairfield. Smith
> Center seems to be
> > > a much smaller town than Fairfield and it sounds like to me  the
> TMO people
> > > will have a stronger impact politically which may or may not
> have  an effect on
> > > their welcome. Time will tell.
> > >

> > Sigh, revisionist history is so interesting to watch. The current
> mayor of Fairfield practices
> > TM and the TM-Sidhis. He replaced a guy who was mayor of Fairfield
> for about 20 more
> > years AFTER MIU arrived on the scene.
>
> MIU moved to Fairfield in 1974- so that's 34 years...

According to Wikipedia, he was first elected in 2001, so that's 27 years with a
non-TMing
mayor or mayors before the current one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfield,_Iowa

Government

Fairfield is governed by a seven-member city council headed by a mayor. The
current
mayor, Ed Malloy, was first elected in 2001. Mayoral terms are two years. City
council
members serve staggered four-year terms. The council consists of one
representative
from each of the city's five wards, plus two at-large representatives. As of
2006, city
council members are Connie Boyer (at large), Myron Gookin (at large), Ron Adam
(Ward 1),
John Revolinski (Ward 2), Christy Ann Welty (Ward 3), Jim Rubis (Ward 4), and
Daryn
Hamilton (Ward 5). The chief administrative officer of the city is John F.
Brown.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM