If you doubt the destructive power of religious sects read on.  Even
the sincere friendship of Madonna and Brittany are casualties!

Kabbalah ends Madonna-Britney friendship

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 1:49 a.m. ET June 13, 2006

Looks like smooch-buddies Madonna and Britney Spears are buddies no more.

When the two locked lips on MTV, it made news around the world. Now,
Madonna has reportedly dumped Spears because the "Oops I Did It Again"
crooner has bailed on Kabbalah.

Madonna spent a great deal of time and money wooing the younger singer
into the Kabbalah fold, and it worked for at least a while; Spears was
spotted wearing the trendy religion's trademark red string bracelet
and toting around Kabbalah books.
But not long ago, Spears publicly ditched the mystical offshoot of
Judaism, writing on her Web site: "I no longer study Kabbalah, my baby
is my religion." Spears, who was raised a Baptist, has allegedly been
consulting with a "Christian Life Coach" about her troubled marriage
to Kevin Federline.

"Madonna spent months teaching Britney the Kabbalah system and
splashed out thousands on the ancient scripture for her," according to
a source quoted by Virgin.net, which is further reporting that Madonna
is demanding that Spears return the twelfth-century book on Kabbalah
that she gave her as a wedding present. Madonna's rep had no comment
by press time, but the source said: "She feels she has wasted time,
money and precious gifts on Brit."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM