On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:34 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Jun 14, 2006, at 7:43 PM, sparaig wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

On Jun 14, 2006, at 3:20 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

Good points. This one interested me the most:

"rather by recognizing that mysticism is completely

beyond science."

It is beyond the scientific method in its focus and range, but I

think Sam Harris would claim that when it talks about how the

world "is" mysticism enters the field where logic does apply.  You

mentioned that Schroedinger is a physicist, a world class one at

that from what I understand.  But Physics is a field driven by math

skills and I don't think that gives him a leg up on this kind of

discussion over say...you or Chopra. It is all speculation about

life. He leaves his credibility in his own field far behind on these

topics.  Because you have gained something from it, I will spend

some more time thinking about it.

Curtis you might enjoy the following brief talk with Ken Wilber where

he answers the question "does quantum physics prove god?" where he

rather elegantly explains that the quantum state is not unmanifest

spirit/brahman/the tao/PC. Interesting talk. Not so interesting for

the TM quantum mysticism, but rather embarrassing. I think by

extension you could conclude that a mysticism based on Quantum

physics is pretty bad mysticism...

It's on page two:

http://www.kenwilber.com/professional/media/index.html

And how would he know?

Uh, he's a physicist and a mystic?

He said he studied QM in college for his grad degree in biology and "mystic" is a rather

broad term. I wouldn't term him a mystic in the TM sense of being enlightened. Not when

he talks about the need to be able to focus on objects for 5 minutes non-stop in order to

progress to higher practices...

Yeah, I agree, it wasn't until I could transcend for 10 minutes that I was able to progress to higher practices--really I had no choice at that point.

If you wanted to call Ken anything it could be an Integral Dzogchen yogin.

Have you read this? :

http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2288