Cool, geek audio talk!  I use a Motu digitizer into Sound Forge cuz I
don't multi-track and only need two stereo mikes.  I may move to Logic
someday if I decide to go with more mikes.

For live shows I use a stereo miked Sony mini disc recorder.  The
thing is tiny and holds a gig at CD quality.  It is overkill for
Rick's use but it works great.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > sparaig wrote:

I be better

> > >You can use an iPod to record audio. It's not exactly great sound
(its meant for taking
> > >memos), but it can be done. The main advantages are that its
relatively cheap ($30 for
> the
> > >microphone and no other equipment needed) and it plugs straight
into a Mac or PC via
> the
> > >firewire/USB iPod link and iTunes software.
> > >
> > >With any other solution, you need either an audio connector from
the tape recorder to
> the
> > >audio-in jack or jacks with the right voltage/ohm rating, or a
USB/firewire connector.
> > >Most/all modern tape recorders come with one or more of these
though the Mac's
> > >microphone input may not be the consumer standard since Apple
designs often
> assume
> > >that professional equipment is being used. You can also get
USB/MIDI converters, etc.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hik1AB/bOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM