Some of the ongoing discussions in this forum elicit a possible
interface with the Turing test (below, entry copied from Wikipedia).
Briefly, the person being tested sits behind a screen in which
answers to questions are given, posed to (either) a real person OR a
very intelligent computer.  Judging solely by the content and
structure of the replies (and any other linguistic criteria - but not
the sound of a voice, which has to be neutral); the querant has to
decide if the entity on the other side of the screen is a person or a
computer.
 Now feature an analogous situation in which person A claims to be
Enlightened, and person or persons (B, C...) have to decide if A
is "really" E'd or not.  As hinted at by various contributors to this
forum, there are certain stock answers which can be repeated in
boiler-plate fashion; so is the decision based on the content of the
replies?  If B is Enlightened also, are there subtle types of
perception which can ascertain the truth more readily?
 The lesson here is that the Internet is a type of blank screen.
People can get lured into almost anything, on the basis of a vivid
imagination filling in the blanks. Just last week, a young teenage
female got suckered into actually traveling to the Middle East to
meet some "guy" she met in a chat room!..
  It's quite possible, some of the contributors to this forum
are "actuallY' machines (computers) masquerading as humans. As a
Turing test, there's no final way to know; since the even after
decades since Turing's time (he was a British genius who contributed
to breaking the German Code during WWII); nobody has yet (in theory)
figured out a truly objective way to distinguish the replies of an
intelligent machine from a human.
 Ultimately, we all could be Matrix entities living in a Matrix
world, not knowing it.
 Now back to the article on Free Will. A key statement by the author
of "Free Will -- you only think you have it" is "And they
[mathematicians Kochen and conway] admit there's no way for us to
tell. "Our lives could be like the second showing of a movie -- all
actions play out as thoough they are free, but that freedom is an
illusion," says Kochen".
 So, basically, the notion of a true free will based on an
indeterministic level of QM reality (and thus, the whole ball of wax
operates in the same mode);; incorporates the key point that "there's
no way for us to tell"; ...judging by superficial appearances, if our
will is free or not.  This could be a provable mathematical corollary
to Kochen's and Conway's theorem..  In any event, the fact of our not-
knowing is in some ways like our incapacity to not know what's on the
other side of that Turing machine.
 The fact that we can't tell if our will is free or not; leaves the
door open for an ironic paradox: we can act AS IF our will is free,
even if it isn't, and not be the worse for wear. We can't even tell
if our actions are "really" free will or not.
 This begs the question:  Say 't Hooft's theory is true, and we don't
have free will; but we are not given that information.  Note our
actions under that circumstance; and then ask, would our actions
differ if 't Hooft's theory is false?  Pershaps not, due to the
possible corollary of Conways: that there's no way for us to tell.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/jDk17A/gOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM