Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Electronic mantra chanting machine
on 6/21/06 3:16 PM, Bhairitu at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I think it is something MMY made up to separate TM from other
teachings.  I'd love someone to prove me wrong though by pointing to
some ancient text that says otherwise.  However every Indian I've ever
mentioned the OM thing to looked incredulous at me with wide eyes that
anyone would teach mantras without OM.

Both Amma and Karunamayi emphasize the importance of OM in a mantra. I asked Amma about it and she gave me a 10-15 answer, but I’d have to ask my wife or other friends who were there to refresh my memory on all the points. __._,_.___