> That's why a progressive income tax is a good thing. It is an
> disincentive to accumulating excessive wealth. It is better to
have more
> millionaires than any billionaires. You would allow people to
accumulate
> an estate worth up to $12 million and then the progressive tax
kicks in.
> It's not there to make money for the government. Anyone who thinks
they
> need more than $12 million has to be sick.
>
> (Just watch the resident righties -- rich wannabes but never-gonna-
bees
> -- whine at this).

Yes, they (we) whine at this because progressive taxes don't hurt
the rich -- they already have their money and will find ways to keep
it -- it hurts those that ASPIRE to be rich...and progressive taxes
serve as a DISINCENTIVE to work.

And anyone that wants to create an estate worth more than $12
million is none of YOUR business, Bhairitu, and none of the
government's business.

I can't believe we're still discussing these things in the 21st
century.

> surya wrote:
>
> >There are two root causes for the entire chaos and terrorism in
this
> >world. One is the thirst for earning money and the other is the
> >religious fanatic. Due to money, people are quarreling, hereas
due
> >to religion, countries are quarreling. Unless these two root
causes
> >are eradicated we cannot achieve world peace. The tree will not
die
> >by cutting leaves and branches. It dies only by cutting its
roots.
> >There is no use in earning the extra money. Due to excess money,
> >quarrels, mental worries and several other problems arise.
Finally,
> >it ends in loss only and not in any profit. You have to leave all
> >this extra money here only and quit this world alone. Your issues
> >may lose that money given by you. Such sinful extra money brings
> >problems not only to you but also to your children. Neither
yourself
> >nor your children will be happy and peaceful. This entire world
is
> >the property of God and take whatever is required from it. This
is
> >said in Gita, ("YavanarthaÂ….").
> >
> >In these days, buffet system is followed during feasts. In this
> >system, large vessels contain various food items and people take
> >food from these vessels according to their requirement.
Similarly,
> >God created this entire world and you can take the wealth from it
> >according to your requirement. People are not following the same
> >system when they are taking wealth from this world. The
peculiarity
> >is that most rich people follow this buffet system in the feasts
but
> >do not follow the same when it comes to earning the money.
`Esavasya
> >Upanishad' says that one should return back this extra money to
the
> >Lord. Otherwise, the Lord will give the troubles.
> >
> >In buffet system, if one takes extra food in his plate by over
> >ambition and ignorance for a moment, he returns back immediately
> >before starting eating. Veda says that you must return back the
> >extra money for the God's work if taken by ignorance. In the
buffet
> >system if you eat the extra food, you will suffer from diseases.
> >Similarly, if you enjoy the extra money, God will punish you in
> >several ways.
> >
> >In this world, people belonging to any religion think that their
> >religion only is the true religion. They think that the God of
their
> >religion can alone give the salvation and the worship of that God
> >should be according to their religion only. They also condemn
other
> >religions and invite people to convert people into their
religion.
> >They do lot of work to establish their religion only in the
entire
> >world which shows their ambition. It is just like Alexander's
> >ambition to make the entire world his kingdom. Alexander wanted
> >extend his kingdom. But, even he returned back after fighting
with
> >Porus (Purushotama) on seeing the loss of life in the battle.
But,