> wrote:
> >
> > Majority Press Release
> > U.S. Senate Committee on the Environment and Public Works
> > Contact:  MARC MORANO 202-224-5762, MATT DEMPSEY 202-224-9797
>
> From TalkingPointsMemo.com:
>
> Until a couple months ago, the [writer of this press release], Marc
> Marono, worked for [the very right-wing] CNSnews.com where he
> distinguished himself by using disgraced NASA crony George Deutsch to
> attack NASA scientist James Hansen. Deutsch...was the young Bush
> campaign flack who was sent over to NASA to censor scientific
> publications, made a splash when he instructed NASA scientists not to
> discuss the Big Bang without considering the topic from a religious
> perspective and then got bounced when it emerged that he'd lied about
> having a college degree. Earlier, Marono wrote [an article for
> CNSnews.com] questioning whether Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) may have
> faked the wounds for which he received two Purple Hearts.
>
> http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/008860.php
>
> (CNSNews.com is an extremely right-wing "news" site
> whose parent organization is the equally right-wing
> Media Research Center, both founded by right-wing
> zealot Brent Bozell III.)
>
> > AP INCORRECTLY CLAIMS SCIENTISTS PRAISE GORE'S MOVIE
> <snip>

Its good to know Mr. Marono's background (and I refrain from obvious
jokes based on his name -- because that would be insensitive and rude
:) ). And knowing his prior efforts of slanting and censorship
motivates the reader to be extra careful in reading his current material.

Some might jump to the conclusion that his past makes his present
statements necessarily false (and for the record Judy did not say
this, or imply that she had made such a jump).

To say ones past makes their  present statements necessarily false
is a logical fallacy. Current statements must be refuted or accepted
on their own merits. However, a poor track record for a person's past
statements may raise red flags and motivate us to look more deeply.