> new.morning wrote:
>
> >Gives some idea of the strength of the Boomer wave.
> >
> >But is also eye-opening for jyotish. It means that about 330 or so
> >people back in late 40's - 50s  were born with same basic chart --
> >down to same ascendant (lattitude / logitude differences just mean
> >they were not all born similtaneously). Only some high level
> >divisional charts would differ. So there are 330 or so in america
> >alone (some multiple if world is taken into account) who have the same
> >chart as Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, Charles Manson, Neil Young, Tom
> >Cruise, Steve Jobs, Hilary Clinton, Condi Rice, George Bush, etc.
> >
> >Thus only subtle differences in higher level divisional charts could
> >distinguish the "distinguished" from the also ran.  Yet almost all
> >analysis one sees on this or that celebrity, or for ones own basic
> >chart, high level divisional charts are not use (nor are many
> >jyotishees well versed ins such IME).
> >
> >So if you happpen to get a chart done, ask, "so how am I different from
> >     the 330 other americans with the same basic  chart"?  Or a
> >celebrity's chart is provided -- showing "how revealing" jyotish is,
> >ask the same question.
> >
> There can be quite a difference in the ascendant during an hour.   The
> ascendant will generally change every two hours (this varies depending
> on location).   Many systems take into account the ascendant degree and
> how it will effect the horoscope.  When I have had twins born a few
> minutes apart I often found differences in a divisional chart which
> actually *did* account for the differences in personality or life
> direction of the two.  However, it was also interesting to note how
> similar their lives were.
>
> My mother was a twin and though I do not have the exact birth time I
> believe that her twin was born in the next rising sign due to
> differences in personalities and what I remember her telling me about
> their approximate birth times.  Their lives were not so similar.

So that must have been in the 60th divisional chart or some other in
similiar very high harmonic range. It will happen for some twins or
others born very close, within minutes. For the majority, per my prior
calcs, it doesn't appear to make a difference even in the divisional
highest chart.

But you support my main point. Any differences, if any, will only be
at the highest harmonic charts. And most readings, whether of famous
persons for public consumption, or personal charts, usually only dwell
on the rasi and maybe navampsa charts. A really sophisticated reading
might involve a few other lower harmonic charts.

So my point still holds: if you happpen to get a chart done, ask, "so
how am I different from the 330 other americans with the same basic
chart"?  Or a celebrity's chart is provided -- showing "how revealing"
jyotish is, ask the same question.

---
Interesting about your twins. San you share the harmonic chart
differences?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM