--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gerbal88 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > on 6/29/06 6:33 PM, gerbal88 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
> 40yahoogroups.com>

<mailto:FairfieldLife%
> > > 40yahoogroups.com>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> early in
> > > my TM
> what I saw
> > > meant
> meant.

> Either
> want
> > > him

> ready to
> > > read it.
> > > these old
> > > believe you;
> > >> >

> > > The simple details are that I liked the guy and he seemed to
like
> me.
> > > But there was no way I'd trust him and, as I watched (him), I
saw
> > > that his public facade was nothing like his private one where
he
> was
> > > totally demanding and uncompromising (I want what I want and
you
> will
> > > get it for me, give it to me, or you're outta here). Can you
say
> > > narcissist? Little things add up and begin to confirm a
picture.
> I'll
> > > think about it and maybe one of these days I'll tell you some
of
> what
> > > the private life of a pseudo-guru/con-man/charletan is like.
> > >
> > > Because I don't like rounding, I was quite alert when, at the
> height
> > > of the second Mallorca course, or second half of the first
one,
> the
> > > Fiuggi course and the La Antilla course, he literally preyed
on
> the
> > > mind-boggled rounders about getting money for 6-month courses
from
> > > some auntie or grandparents and getting money to support them
as
> > > 108's and how he banged on about "no one can love you like I
> can". He
> > > could really insert himself and had the con-man's nose for the
> > > weakness of others.
> >
> > So is that the ³highly compromising activity² you alluded to?
Please
> > elaborate as time allows. FFL is all about having the whole
story
> told.
> >

> No, that wasn't it, but in a couple weeks, after the conference
I'm
> going to, maybe I'll feel more like being detailed. People were
> either reeled in hook, line, sinker, kitchen sink and bank roll or
> they weren't. Mostly, from where I sit, it looks like some folks
were
> satisified subscribing to a knowitall guru, because then they
didn't
> have any more decisions to make and there were no further
> responsibilities other than "serving the master" whatever that
means.

> I can understand the desire to know the nitty and the gritty of
all
> this, but it's just useless information to clutter the mind.
Either
> you think Mahesh is the way to salvation or you don't.
>
> I don't.

Well, you don't have to and you can still do TM and get all the
benefits of TM...actually I'll go one step further: TM will work
better for you if you DON'T buy into the guru stuff because the guru
stuff is 100% not necessary for TM to work, in fact it impedes the
path.