--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gullible fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> By double quotes, I meant "", as in "search string".

That's what I understood.

> had the thought after I sent the email that maybe
> someone would read it and think I meant just use two
> quotes, one before the string and one after, as in
> 'search string'. I've used plenty of editors that use
> single quotes and my first inclination was to try it
> for the 7.1 type of search, but it didn't work. A week
> or two later, the idea came to me to try "7.1".
>
> I like being able to search for a string with embedded
> spaces, because sometimes I try to locate a post in
> the group or in my email after reading it at
> mail-archive.com, and searching two or three words
> with embedded spaces will often narrow down the number
> of hits from hundreds to one.

Oh, it's crucial for searching a forum like this.

I did try it, by the way, after I saw your post,
and it worked.  I'm virtually positive I had tried
it earlier, right after the new interface debuted,
and it didn't work.  They've been making minor changes
here and there all along, and I suspect this was
one of them.