> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> > wrote:
> <snip>
> > > As the Self becomes more well known and well integrated,
> > everything
> > > will find its place during practice. No need to stress certain
> > > things during the correct practice of TM. For other
techniques,
> > this
> > > may be desirable, but not for TM. As the man says, 'take it
easy;
> > > take it as it comes.'
> > >

> > Yes, this is true enough but since I manged to get into the
lotus
> > the quality of the experience has increased markedly and surely
the
> > deeper and more prolonged the experience the better? actually
even
> > half lotus is a big improvement.
> >
> > Two sets of really stretched asanas is rather good too, what
other
> > TM improvement techniques could we be missing out on?
>
> FWIW, MMY recommends *against* "really stretched
> asanas."  They should be performed just to the point
> where stretching begins to be felt.  (This is from
> the 12-lesson course on Yoga Asanas, not the
> instructions given to residence course participants
> for rounding purposes.  The residence course instructions
> say the same thing, but the point is that they don't
> *change* in the more rigorous Yoga Asanas course.)

I had the "correct" instruction many times but instinctively felt
that overdoing it suited me, and when I saw an Ayurvedic doctor for
the first time he actually recommended really going for it. Maybe
because I'm not the typical pale anaemic TMer and can withstand a
bit of physical effort ;-). Different courses for different horses.

Talking of different ways to do this stuff, how about the guy in
L.A. who teaches "power asanas" in a 40c room? that would get your
pitta going.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM