On Jul 4, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

When I think about global warming, I’m reminded of how thin and fragile the atmosphere is. If you were to go straight up the same distance you can drive your car in 5 minutes, you’d be at about the height of Mt. Everest, and you’d die in minutes. The atmosphere is a thin veil enveloping the earth. How could anyone believe that it would not be seriously damaged by pumping billions of tons of junk into it? Global warming naysayers have about as much credibility with me as the Flat Earth Society:http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm __.

I think it is also helpful the realize that some people of conservative bent only need hear the latest denunciation of global warming which is inevitably released with each new finding or announcement (or movie). They don't look deep enough to see who wrote the denouncement or what it's real intent is. They just need to hear that little piece of mis- or dis- information and they will zealously defend that stance even without knowing any of the details. And they will shout that disinformation from the rooftops.

A huge problem arises when the media repeats this disinformation to the masses without critical overview of what is being said. For example people like Rush Limbaugh do this on a weekly basis to millions of adoring fans. These are really crimes against humanity in the truest sense of that phrase and those who tout these mindless admonitions are criminals and accessories to the crime against all sentience on this planet.

It's amazing to me that when the results of ice core samples for the last 200,000 years was released, it hardly made a ripple in the media.