Anti-war protesters begin July 4 fast
> Mon Jul 3, 2006 8:07pm ET
> By Amanda Beck
> WASHINGTON (Reuters) - About 150 protesters sat in front of the
White  House
> on Monday to savor their last meal before starting a hunger strike
that  some
> said will continue until American troops return from Iraq.
> The demonstration marking the Independence Day holiday was
organized by
> CodePink, a women's anti-war group that called on volunteers to
abstain from
> eating for 24 hours from midnight on Monday.
> Some protesters said their fast would continue beyond July 4th.
>

> Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq, said
she
> would drink only water throughout the summer, which she said she
would spend
> outside President George W. Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas.
> "This war is a crime," Sheehan told a crowd of clapping, cheering
> protesters. "We represent millions of Americans who withdraw their
support  from this
> government."
> The demonstrators crouched in the muggy evening next to a piece of
pink
> plastic, spread down the road as a table and table-cloth in one. It
was  covered
> with wilted pink sunflowers and plates of vegetarian curry, white
rice, and
> beans.
> The demonstration aimed at highlighting the costs of the war, in
which  more
> than 2,500 U.S. soldiers and thousands of Iraqis have died, said
CodePink
> spokeswoman Meredith Dearborn.
> "We have to put our own lives on the line, and I'm willing to do
that,"  said
> activist Diane Wilson, who pledged to fast until the United States
withdraws
> from Iraq.
> Dearborn said 2,700 other activists nationwide, including actors
Susan
> Sarandon and Sean Penn, would work as a relay team passing the fast
daily from  one
> to another.> © Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

 I have heard right wing extremists are setting up a stir fry  buffet
just up
> wind of the fasting protesters.

Ha, ha, that would be funny; maybe some burning crosses too, would
add a touch!
I think she needs to lose some weight anyway; whadaya think?
Anyway, she was a real pain in the ass for Pres.Bush, last summer;
Seemed like he never got out of the slump she created;
When he refused to visit with her.
What a pussy.