> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, johnlasher20002000
> > <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > As I'm sure any of the psychologists on the list who have worked
with
> > > EEG biofeedback can attest, and I also have personal experience
with,
> > > a scalp electrode to provide brainwave feedback only measures a tiny
> > > electrical impulse. Any movement or even blinking the eyes will
> > > interfere with the accuracy of the reading. How can the TMO results
> > > showing maximum brainwave coherence (which is a  Fourier Analysis of
> > > the outputs) while flying be possible. The movement would
destroy the
> > > data output???
> > >

> > ****************
> >
> > Probably those muscle artifacts have a characteristic signature which
> > is ignored or minimized by the program which does the fast fourier
> > analysis.
> >

> That's one way of doing it. David OJ says they did it by visual
inspection of the EEG, which
> is generally more accurate. The MOST accurate way of doing it is to
have one (or more?)
> time-coded video camera on the person and deleting any EEG that
occurs when there is a
> visible twitch, but I don't think most researchers  bother with
that, at least not these days.

While at the Berkeley TM center, I worked with a world class
physiology professor there to do an EEG study of yogic flying, got
permission for her to watch a flying session and begin designing the
study.  She was a meditator with a positive view of TM, was excited
about the project.  After seeing a flying session, she said it was
impossible to get anything close to an accurate reading of yogic
flying using an EEG and the coherence studies "during liftoff" were
nonsense.