> snip
> >
> > >   Perhaps the Donald?
> > >   Maybe so, but this is a State in big trouble.
> > >   A gay governor cruising the highway, is not a good image;
> > >   Especially in this time of war,
> >
> > What the bleep are you talking about?  The "gay
> > governor" was doing a fine job, except that he had
> > the poor judgment to hire his lover for a government
> > position.  He's now long gone because of that one slip;
> > but what on earth did that have to do with its being
> > a "time of war"?
> >
> > He had the guts to publicly come out of the closet
> > in his resignation speech.
> >
> > The fine governor we have now, Jon Corzine, a Democrat,
> > is fighting entrenched political interests in the state,
> > trying to bring the budget under control.  He's had the
> > guts to shut down the government rather than knuckle
> > under to those interests.  Sooner or later, there will
> > be some kind of compromise that the entrenched interests
> > will have to accept; this is a battle that has to be
> > fought.
> >
> > >   A former governor,
> > >   Christy Whitman:
> >
> > A Republican.
> >
> > >   Turns against the President on environmental issues:
> >
> > Who was appointed to head the EPA by Bush.
> >
> > >   That is truly irony at it's finest.
> >
> > Yes, *she* is belatedly showing some guts.
> >
> > So that's three gutsy governors, two past, one present.
> >
> > New Jersey, despite its small size, is one of the most
> > vital states in the Union (and one of the most beautiful
> > once you get past the blighted areas).  There has been a
> > great deal of corruption exactly because of New Jersey's
> > vitality and the money to be made from it, but with
> > Corzine in charge and various efforts across the state,
> > we're fighting the good fight against it.
> snip
>
> I could not agree with you more, Judy.  Corzine is smart ( he ran
the show at Goldman
> Sachs before becoming governor) and compassionate.   He knows
finance, and is doing
> the right thing in cloisng the government until the money issue is
dealt with openly. I think
> if things unfold properly, he might be running for President in 8
years.

Maybe it was just my experiences in New Jersey, that personally were
not good;
I just get the feeling, there is so much corruption there;
That the mafia, basically runs the state;
That the State Troopers look like the Gestapo;
That there are tolls wherever you go;
They most of the garbage from everywhere is dumped there.
That you have Ocean City, with it's million dollar homes;
Empty all winter.
That God for bid, you would need a little help there.
People would pass by you on the street, if you were dieing.
Look at Atlantic City; it's a disgrace.
Camden, New Jersey, looks like a war zone.
Asbury Park looks about the same.
It is a strange and somewhat evil place to me...