<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for posting the link.  I am really surprised that they are
> continuing with this blatant lie!  Arrogance, pure and simple.  They
> don't give people enough credit that they would know that this claim
> is as physically impossible as humans flying in the air. It must be
> discouraging for his current students to see that no attempt is being
> made to be truthful in this absurd claim.  But practically speaking,
> no one will ever see this other than people who have already bought
> in, so accuracy is a moot point.

Hi, I can appreciate your feelings regarding the misrepresentations of
the flying technique. But, after considering how I personally would
sell  it, I would probably end up doing the same thing, if it were
solely up to me, for a couple of reasons:

1. How could it be sold if potential consumers were told, "...well it
IS a flying technique, a sutra- I'll explain what that is shortly- but
the stress on the planet keeps us ordinary folks from doing much but
bouncing around. Except that the subjective experience is every bit as
transcendent as flying. You do feel weightless. Oh, and the point is
not to fly, but to serve as a washing machine so to speak for global
stress...Oh right, the sutra explanation: so there's this bubble
diagram..." No one, ever, would buy into THAT. Hence the alternative.

2. Reason number two is just pragmatic; the words 'false'
and 'advertising' go together. Whenever something is advertised, a
subset of its qualities are emphasized. In every case: house, car,
music, doctor, salad dressing, spa treatment. Its the game of the
name. So, how else does one advertise yogic flying? Absolutely deny
the method used, and you'd never buy anything again.

Is it right for Maharishi and the TMO to do such a thing? I don't
know, but I can see why they did, beyond seeing them as arrogant,
which is too easy an answer for me.