authfriend wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
><snip>
>

>>I usually don't reply to these rants which go off the right side of
>>the Thunderbird message pane and probably are clear the other side
>>of the neighbor's house by now  ;-)
>>

>Just out of curiosity, why does Thunderbird strip
>out the hard returns?  Barry (to whom you're
>replying) always keeps the lines of his posts
>significantly shorter than even the full message-
>window width so they don't get broken when they're
>quoted (as do I, including in this post).
>
>If Thunderbird's going to strip hard returns, it
>ought to have an option to wrap the text to fit
>its own window.

Judy, I'm not talking about the messages but the subject listings of the
messages.  The messages work just like any other email client.  :)
When I select "All" the setting is for "threads" and some of the threads
go way off to the right completely beyond the subject field.  It's just
a hilarious commentary on some of the threads here.  I also use "Unread"
with the setting by date to see the messages in a single file
non-threaded list but since people hijack here it may be hard to tell
where that thread actually is.  And then we have people who when they
reply to a topic do so by starting a new thread.  :)  It's not exactly
the most "coherent" Yahoo group I'm on.  :D

For my Linux box upgrade I just bought a PNY 6200 video card which will
handle a 19" widescreen LCD monitor nicely so then I can spread the
subject field out even wider.  :)   And of course Thunderbird offers all
kinds of ways to sort and display messages which I also use as needed.
Thunderbird's problem is it's spell checker isn't so good.  It doesn't
even recognize "Thunderbird." ;-)