In a message dated 7/10/06 6:21:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

A few examples among many:

Bush speech, October 2002:

"We know that Iraq and the Al Qaeda terrorist network share a common
enemy -- the United States of America. We know that Iraq and al Qaeda
have had high-level contacts that go back a decade.

"We've learned that Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb-making
and poisons and deadly gases. And we know that after September the
11th, Saddam Hussein's regime gleefully celebrated the terrorist
attacks on America. . . . Confronting the threat posed by Iraq is
crucial to winning the war on terror."

"The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on
Sept. 11, 2001. . . . The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in
the campaign against terror. We've removed an ally of Al Qaeda. . . .
Our war against terror is proceeding according to the principles that
I have made clear to all: Any person involved in committing or
planning terrorist attacks against the American people becomes an
enemy of this country and a target of American justice."

Bush "Mission Accomplished" speech, May 1, 2003:

"The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against
terror.We have not forgotten the victims of September the 11th -- the
last phone calls, the cold murder of children, the searches in the
rubble. With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters
declared war on the United States. And war is what they got."

"If we're successful in Iraq.we will have struck a major blow right
at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the
terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most
especially on 9/11." [NBC's Meet the Press, 9/14/03]

Bush speech, September 11, 2003:

"We're going to a church service to remember the victims, pray for
their families, victims of 9/11, 2001. Today, this afternoon, Laura
and I are here to thank the brave souls who got wounded in the war on
terror, people who are willing to sacrifice in order to make sure
that attacks such as Sept. 11 don't happen again."

Cheney on Meet the Press, September 14, 2003:

"If we're successful in Iraq, if we can stand up a good
representative government in Iraq, that secures the region so that it
never again becomes a threat to its neighbors or to the United
States, so it's not pursuing weapons of mass destruction, so that
it's not a safe haven for terrorists, now we will have struck a major
blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base
of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years,
but most especially on 9/11 . . .

"So what we do on the ground in Iraq, our capabilities here are being
tested in no small measure, but this is the place where we want to
take on the terrorists. This is the place where we want to take on
those elements that have come against the United States, and it's far
more appropriate for us to do it there and far better for us to do it
there than it is here at home."

Bush speech, June 2005:

"They are trying to shake our will in Iraq - just as they tried to
shake our will on September 11, 2001.

"The only way our enemies can succeed is if we forget the lessons of
September 11 … if we abandon the Iraqi people to men like Zarqawi …
and if we yield the future of the Middle East to men like Bin Laden."
I have no problem with any of these statements. Obviously the issue is the overall War on terrorism of which Iraq is a part of.  There is no accusation that Saddam was involved in the 911 attacks.