Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Amma's Visit to FF
on 7/11/06 1:16 PM, Alex Stanley at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any news, observations?

I went to see her for the first time during her first ever stop in
Iowa, however many years ago that was. I'm not at all wired for
devotion to and worship of gurus, saints, etc., so the whole
experience was very underwhelming (except for the Indian lunch, which
was quite good).

Having undergone so much transformation since her first visit, I
decided to go back and see how I'd react now. I was again underwhelmed
by the hug, but I could appreciate the heart value of the gathering,
and I was not inclined to make snarky, cynical comments about it like
I was the first time. And, again, the Indian lunch was delicious.

If I could structure an Ammachi experience according to my own
desires, I'd replace the hug with an equal amount of time just gazing
directly into her eyes (i.e., like Waking Down's gazing meditation).

I often do that because she’s gotten to know me and we have conversations. It’s nice. __._,_.___