On Jul 13, 2006, at 4:22 PM, authfriend wrote:

<snip>

Wrong.  Thread hijacking is considered bad netiquette and you'll

get bashed for it on other lists.   I've been a programmer for over

20 years and have been using email and online clients for that

long.  I think I might know a little about how these things work.

I'm not a programmer, but I've been participating

in electronic forums, via BBSs, email, newsgroups,

and on the Web for over 20 years, and I've never

heard the term "thread hijacking" except from

you.  I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

I have. It was considered inconsiderate in earlier days on the net and still is to some people. Some private lists I'm on have rules about this kinda thing. Moderators may even nose in and make comments or even bump people.