""His (Ravi Shankar's) brother-in-law was an engineer of sorts, but
stopped working to run the guru-business when the foreigners started
giving up the bucks for buildings. Once Ravi Shankar's (now departed)
mother said to me "my son is very rich! He has more than one million
US dollars in his own account now!" She seemed to think I should be
proud of that fact. Unfortunately, I knew that people were giving up
their careers and lives to make him rich, and he was not spending it
as billed (check out the old 'dollar-a-day' children's program if you
can find info on it. It was nearly 90% a fraud.) I can only guess what
scale the skimming goes on at now that the truly huge bucks are coming
in.""
http://tinyurl.com/zhnkn