--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny H" <kennyhassman@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey all! Anyone here use a pressure cooker to cook their
beans/grains?
> > > I just got a pressure cooker and a separate Ohsawa pot to use inside
> > > the pressure cooker, this was highly recommended.
> > >
> > > Does anyone here have experience using both a pressure cooker as
well
> > > as an Ohsawa pot insert? If so, kindly contact me off-group!!
> > >
> > > kennyhassman AT yahoo DOT com
> >

> > No but I have experience in giving up grains and beans -- except for
> > some sprouts -- and the huge gycemic burden a heavy use of such place
> > one ones system. Leading to constant "inner' inflamation --
> > (prostglandins and all), long term health degradation, and feeling
> > "bad" from a veg diet.
> >

> Well, it's an individual bichemistry thing, don't you think?

Of course. I was thread-hijacking a bit I suppose. Tangenting off your
query to a point of my interest.

> Different
> bodies react differently to different foods.

Yes, but I venture that trying to get all protein from rice and beans,
which I know is not you, is a sure way for many if not most to
overwhelm ther systems -- with long term consequences. Such is not a
(good) veg diet, its lunacy. No wonder some fled such, start eating
meat and feel better.

>I've been eating 1-2 cups
> of beans per day, lots of veggies, nuts, a little cheese and my blood
> glucose, which was too high, is now down into the normal range on a
> consistent basis.

So thats great. What works for anyone is good.

> You can choose beans and grains with a low glycemic
> index, there are enough of them.

Yes.

And as has always been "the thing' as far back as when I started
reading nutrition 40 years ago, Adele Davis, mixing carbs with fats
and protein slows down the burn.

But  for me, I found the totality of beans and grains in my diet
overwhelmed my system. At least relative to alternatives (veg).

> > Almost as great as getting ones Omega-6 / Omega-3 essential fatty
> > acids to a ratio < 2. Approaching 1.

After 8 years of reading it, taking some stabs at it, seeing it was
not some health guru fad, but had a lot of research behind it,
I have been doing this balance and notice substanial effects.
Regardless of veg or omnivoire diet, it may be the, or among the, most
important modifications one can make.