Yes that was right out of Sam Harris' perspective!  He is one of my
favorite thinkers.  I must add that I was a full believer in all
things TM at one time so my critique of this kind of belief is also a
critique of my own former beliefs. Taking on and then shedding the
beliefs of TM was an important experience for me.  I am fascinated by
 people with  more spiritual beliefs than I myself hold.  This Yahoo
group seems especially tolerant of different views and the rights of
people expressing them.  I agree with your point that blending crazy
beliefs and explosives takes the whole discussion out of the
theoretical and into the world of "holy shit!