> On Jul 18, 2006, at 11:32 PM, sparaig wrote:

<snip> Someone who becomes enlightened
> > spontaneously enjoys the favor
> > of ALL the devas, regardless of any "worship" of them via
> > meditation or whatever.
>

> Where do you get this stuff? That's extremely misleading
> characterization, esp. since all I'm really talking about in
ishta
> practice/TM. If the person was initated into the Matrika chakra
and
> has attained mantravirya (the power to spontaneously discern and
use
> all mantras behind name and form) then he might. But initiation
into
> the Matrika chakra is something relative and has to be learned
from
> the guru. Even an enlightened master can have provocation from
> different beings.

Two different time scales here. in Sparaig's case he is speaking of
the ultimate result of having gained enlightenment, achieved through
TM (or any other similar practice). The universality that one
realizes oneself to be naturally brings all support of all devas,
simply because one is realized as no different from them.

Vaj, you appear to be speaking of the challenges one encounters once
spiritual freedom is attained. You are incorrect in calling
sparaig's comment misleading. There is nothing misleading about it-

However you bring up an important point, that once we are
enlightened, there are successive expansions of our enlightenment
that must be accomplished. These occur naturally though, after our
spritual freedom is gained, which can be accomplished through TM.