--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "bluecabbagerose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "bluecabbagerose"
> > <bluecabbagerose@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay, I know this is totally off-topic, but I really want to
> > understand
> > > this:
> > >
> > > Why do men spit?
> > >
> > > I am sitting here in my office in beautiful little Fairfield. I
> > take my
> > > eyes off my monitor, look out the window, and see a sidha/gov.
> > fellow
> > > exit the sthapatya veda building next door, turn his head and
> spit.
> > >
> > > I see this a lot. This guy obviously does not have a wad of
> > chewing
> > > tobacco in his mouth. He just spits. I never see women spit.
> > >
> > > So why do men spit?
> > >
> > > Any of you guys care to offer some insight into this seemingly
> > gender-
> > > specific behavior?>>>
> >
> > Also, if you are a carpenter, plumber, farmer, road builder, truck
> > driver, or any of the trades that are making houses for the now
> vast
> > middle class women and wealthy women of the world, you are almost
> > always having something unpalatable in your mouth as you work, and
> > get in habit of spitting it out. Plus it is hot, sticky, hard work,
> > or cold, harsh and hard work. So men spit. Also, the work we do for
> > women sucks, so we are often disgusted with the world we serve for
> > women and so just spit from time to time out of expression of it
> > all. Think of all the men that do all these jobs. There are more of
> > them on the roads than most other things. They are the backbone of
> > the women's world we live in. They are the salt of the earth. They
> > hold up your world. And women do not know how hard some that work
> > really is on the body. So let them spit.
> > (used to be a builder --- don't spit as much now as I used to then)
> >
> > OffWorld
> >
> My grandfather, father, and countless uncles were the salt of the
> earth. Farmers, truck drivers, laborers, factory workers. I have a
> GREAT deal of love and respect for them. Growing up, I was no
> stranger to back-breaking manual labor on the farm and, for awhile,
> in a factory. It gave me a very strong work ethic. Then I learned TM.
> Then I became the first woman in my family (mother's and father's
> sides of the family included) to go to college. My parents (neither
> of whom graduated from high school) were against it. I persevered. So
> now I sit in an air conditioned office and work at a job I absolutely
> love. A few years ago I stripped, sanded and refinished my hardwood
> floors. By myself. I still think of myself as blue collar "salt of
> the earth".
>
> Re: your comment about my giving birth: no children this lifetime.

That was MY response to OFB's claim: And women do not know how hard some that
work
> > really is on the body.  Very seldom does his "hard work" kill young,
> > healthy males
unless there is a lot more going on  behind the scenes. And I bet few men do
hard work
for 24 or 36 hours non-stop often with excrutriating pain.

> Too bad you have such a sorry opinion of women. We're really not such
> a bad lot. :-)

Eh, you're generally as nutty as men are, in my experience, but cuter...